Ann's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, series, 27th-year
Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The plot of this book in the trilogy was much better than the first two. I'm still very annoyed by the repetitiveness of the writing. The word murmur is probably used 400 times per book. I lost count of how many times Christian said "Do you know how beautiful you are, Ana?" I could have done without most of the sex scenes, but I think that's just a personal preference. Ana's character drove me crazy at points because her "actions" were immature and also not believable. I wish the back story had been more developed and the sex scenes less.

I absolutely wish the last chapter would have been left out. I didn't need to hear the first part of their story from Christian's point of view. If the narration had been different I may have enjoyed it more, but I got nothing new from hearing it from him. There were parts of Christian's narration that were identical to Ana's and that was annoying. Terms like 'knotted fingers' were used in both, and I just don't believe more than one person would have the same terminology for such things. I know this was originally Twilight fan fiction, and this part of the story was probably in response to "Midnight Sun." I loved "Midnight Sun" more than any of the other Twilight books, but the 'voice' of the story was believable as Edward. Christian's was not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.