willaful's Reviews > Tempted

Tempted by Megan Hart

Jun 11, 2012

bookshelves: angsty-goodness, fertility-or-reproduction-issues, menage, mmf-fmm, secrets-and-lies, timeshare-series
Read from June 11 to 12, 2012 , read count: 1

I think Megan Hart is the reason I have "erotica" and "erotic romance" as one shelf; that way I don't have to make myself crazy trying to categorize. This was such a well-written and compelling but ultimately unsatisfying book. In the narrator Anne and her sisters, we see four adult children of an alcoholic who have unwittingly found themselves continuing the pattern of secrets and lies they grew up with, and I didn't feel that was addressed enough for Anne. (view spoiler) And the book ended on a very jarring note. (view spoiler) I was left feeling that all three characters cut themselves off from what they really wanted, when they all could have been happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted.

Gina (bibliobuff) Check out Megan Hart's short story, "Everything Changes." It's "Tempted" told from Alex's POV. Also, he gets his own story in "Naked," which is another really good one. :)

willaful I have them both next in line. Am very interested in Alex's point of view -- I guess she didn't bother to write one for James because he's so dull. ;-)

Gina (bibliobuff) Yeah, James was a dud. I'm not sure what either of them saw in him.