Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Stealing Fate

Stealing Fate by Berinn Rae

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, mythology, romance, request
Read in June, 2012

Stealing Fate (very appropriately titled) is the second book in the Unspun series. This series follows the three Fates to their happily ever after and is written by three different authors. I found that Stealing Fate works perfect as a stand-alone. One does not need to read the first book to jump right in this series.

Lachesis, the Great Measurer who weaves the length of life is now known as Lacey. She knows first-hand that her role as a Fate is not difficult. She has had to shorten a life, the life of her one true love. In a desperate act to save her father she had to kill Phobos.
Phobos has still harbors what he thinks is anger towards Lacey. He has searched for her, determined to have his vengeance, regain his powers and be returned to his station in godhood. Without his full powers being the God of Terror on the human plane is not as amusing as he had hoped.

Lacey and Phobos were fun to read. They are the classic I love you but I thought I hated you couple, at least on Phobos’s part. He soon finds out the hard way that there is someone that wants Lacey’s death even more than he does. It takes this heinous evil doer to open his eyes.

This installment in the series definitely has more mythology. Both the hero and heroine are immortals. Bored Olympians are also more meddlesome and add to the drama that Phobos and Lacey have to go through to find their common ground so that they can get past the betrayal from their past. I have certainly enjoyed reading the Fates having to go through the trails that they weave as Fates.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stealing Fate.