Katie_la_geek's Reviews > The Assassin's Curse

The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke

Nov 23, 12

bookshelves: ebook-arc, favourite, ya
Read on June 19, 2012

For this review and more check out my blog

What makes a book special? Is to the writing, the storyline or characters? Or is it something else, a feeling you get when reading it? Whatever it is The Assassin’s Curse has it. This book is pure magic and is in the top 5 books of this year for me. I LOVED it.

The storyline is awesome full of adventure and magic. It takes you from the ocean to the desert and through towns and forests. It introduces you to a world full of mystery and a host of amazing characters.

Annana is my kind of girl. She is brave, she knows her own mind and is not afraid to fight for what she loves or what she feels is right. She can be funny and sarcastic but also vulnerable and naïve. Then there is Naji (sigh) whom I am in love with. There are three male characters I have loved this year. Kanin (TheImmortal Rules), Orma (Seraphina) and now Naji (what can I say I like oddballs.) He can be surly, moody and at times a little naughty but he is also heroic and sweet.

The friendship between these two is what really made this novel go from good to great. They went dislike to friendship and it was amazing to read. Will it end up in romance? Maybe, maybe not, romance is not really what this book is about. Although there is the undercurrent of it there.

I cannot say a bad word about this book. I loved it and I hope if you read it you will to. I cannot wait for the next book.

*The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin's Curse.

06/19/2012
18.0% "Love this already."
06/19/2012
50.0% "Woman! step away from my Naji!" 3 comments
06/19/2012 page 51
12.0% "I am not sure if there is a romance in this or not but either way Ananna us totally digging Naji which is fine because I'm digging him to."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} I can't get into this one. :\

Katie_la_geek Lisbeth ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "I can't get into this one. :\"

Really!! I utterly adored it. Thought it was amazing. Maybe you just need to stick with it.

message 3: by Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} (last edited Jun 20, 2012 06:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} I'm still reading it but the beginning was too odd to really grasp me. A camel, really?

Katie_la_geek Lisbeth ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "I'm still reading it but the beginning was too odd to really grasp me. A camel, really?"

But they are in the desert. I traveled round Morocco and there were tonnes of camels in the markets and stuff so it didn't seem that odd to me. Just stick with it and maybe it will get better, or maybe it just isn't for you : )

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Kate wrote: "Lisbeth ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "I'm still reading it but the beginning was too odd to really grasp me. A camel, really?"

But they are in the desert. I traveled round Morocco and there were tonnes..."

I just found the whole riding off on a camel a bit Disney. But the book is getting better. Naji seems awesome (but I have a thing for assassins).

Katie_la_geek Lisbeth ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "Kate wrote: "Lisbeth ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "I'm still reading it but the beginning was too odd to really grasp me. A camel, really?"

But they are in the desert. I traveled round Morocco and ther..."

Naji is yet another love of my life lol. The guy rules. I need some Naji in my life.

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} Kate wrote: "Lisbeth ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "Kate wrote: "Lisbeth ~{Domus Libri}~ wrote: "I'm still reading it but the beginning was too odd to really grasp me. A camel, really?"

But they are in the desert. I..."

Haha, the book is getting much better!!!

Suzanne I loved Naji and Kanin too :) Great review.

Katie_la_geek Suzanne (Paranormal Book Fan) wrote: "I loved Naji and Kanin too :) Great review."

Thanks! Naji and Kanin are awesome : )