Wendy Cartmell's Reviews > Creating Fate

Creating Fate by Rachel Firasek

Jun 11, 12

Read in June, 2012

I'm Hooked!

Giving her heart to a mortal wasn't something the First Fate planned. Losing him nearly shattered her soul. Upon his death, Clotho swore never to love—or weave life—again. Hoping she'll change her mind before it's too late, Zeus commands the spinner of life to take a much needed vacation from her immortal responsibilities.
Dane is close to cracking the drug ring he's spent the last two years infiltrating, but needs to perform one last heist to meet the head man and prevent an impending war. An undercover agent, he’s now on the run from drug lords, thieves and with the very woman whose tears make him forget his purpose. (Author description)

Creating Fate is a light, easy, enjoyable read. I loved Chloe and the man she stumbles into, Dane. Their relationship plays out under the tension of being pursued by criminals. At first Chloe thinks Dane is no better than those persuing them, but he is not all he seems to be on the surface.
The criminal element is secondary to the relationship, which is the way it should be, I believe, with the emphasis being on the conflict between Chloe and Dane and Chloe and her father and stepmother. The author makes it easy to be transported into the world of the Greek Gods and the whole story is viable and interesting.

I read this in a couple of very enjoyable sittings, the author does a great job of creating and maintaining the two worlds. I’m hooked and look forward to the remaining two parts and reading more by Rachael Firasek.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creating Fate.