Jennifer's Reviews > Matthew

Matthew by Emma Lang

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: emma-lang, romace
Read in June, 2012

Matthew is the fist book in a new series by Author Emma Lang. This book is a historical romance set in the early 1800's. I have read many historical romance books and Matthew is one of the best that I have read. Matthew Graham and his family have lived through the loss of their parents and their young brother Benji. In order to claim the additional land for their ranch, Matthew goes to Huston to sign the papers. In order to claim the extra land Matthew must be married. He states that he is married and his wife's name is Hannah. Matthew now has 30 days to find a wife named Hannah. I thought it was a great part in the book when he said he was married and his wife's name. You are introduced to Hannah when Matthew arrives back in town. He does not know how he is going to find a women with the name Hannah and is thrilled when he does. Hannah herself is a wonderful character, in the beginning she is a little shy and accepting of her lot in life. As the story and her relationship with Matthew progresses, I felt that Hannah really came into her own. She grew stronger and became a wonderful character. The relationship between Matthew and Hannah has some rough spots but they do work it out. The book also introduces you to the entire Graham family and it will be great to read more about them as the series continue. If you are looking for a great romance book, Matthew is a great book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matthew.