Jessica's Reviews > In the Bag

In the Bag by Kate Klise

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in June, 2012

The main reason I wanted to read this book was the cover. I feel like I'm always saying this, but it's so true! If a book looks good, I'm bound to pick it up, often without even reading the back cover. But once I read the back cover, I knew I was going to love this book! So I sent a request to the publisher and was ecstatic to get a review copy!

This book is about a father and son who travel to Spain and a mother and daughter who travel to France. They're on the same flight when the son and daughter's bags get switched. Their bags, however, are more than they have in common. Both families have strained relationships and everyone feels as if they'll never find the one in their lives. Many emails and phone calls later, they all end up meeting at some point or anther.

First off, I was so jealous of their adventures. I would love to be able to travel all over Europe like these characters, so this was just perfect for a summer read! Then, as you all know I'm a sucker for a romance, so the relationships that develop in here are so gosh darn cute! Webb and Coco (the kids) connect through email while the parents slowly grow closer (though they have no idea anyone knows each other). There's A TON of miscommunication and misinterpreting feelings that it is so true to life. Nothing is perfect in that they instantly fall in love and can't keep their hands off each other. These relationships develop, go through a lot of hesitation and doubt, and are far from perfect. But I think that's what made them so lovable!

The writing style of this book really made it a great read too. Each chapter switched from the four characters, either focusing on Webb and Coco's relationship or on the parents' relationship. It was fun to see how everyone thought about what took place and how the parents were completely misinterpreting how their kids were feeling. And the ending was great! I loved what happened, but I'll just leave it at that so you guys can read and see for yourselves!

So if you're looking for a light, summer read that's bound to put you in a good mood, pick In the Bag up! It'll have you hopping on the next flight to Europe to see if you can find your very own unexpected romance :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Bag.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Joey I do the same thing when picking out books. :)

Rachel The cover was exactly the reason I got this book! I love it and the book was perfect as well!