Jessica's Reviews > Friends Like Us

Friends Like Us by Lauren Fox

Jun 21, 12

Read from June 18 to 20, 2012

Friends Like Us follows the friendship between Willa and Jane - they are best friends in every way, they have tons of inside jokes, and even look alike. When Willa goes to her high school reunion she reconnects with Ben, her best friend from high school. When Ben stops by the see Willa soon after their reunion he meets Jane and falls for her. At first Willa thinks it's great that her two best friends are dating, but then she starts to feel left out. It doesn't help that her family is completely disfunctional and Jane was always her confidant. So, now she has no one to talk to about her 3rd wheel feelings. Then something happens that will jeopardize the relationships they all have with each other.

I liked how the author started the book with a chapter that took place 5 years after the end of the book, so you knew something was going to change the friendship between Willa and Jane, but you didn't know the details. I also think the characters were pretty realistic, especially Willa with all her angst and optimism at the same time. A good story of friendship and the consequences of our actions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friends Like Us.