Cathy's Reviews > Prince Charming Must Die

Prince Charming Must Die by Isabella Fontaine

F 50x66
Jun 11, 2012

it was ok

Alice is almost 18, she has an amazing boyfriend, Edward, she loves to fence and she has a perfect volunteer job working in the library. Plus school's almost over...what could go wrong? Plenty. On her first day at her library job she is asked to shelve an old book downstairs in the basement. In the basement she finds old books, a really old pen and a note... addressed to her, who could have known she would be down there? The note tells her to draw a door and not to forget the handle. This door opens to a room, where Alice finds a snake and another note telling her to kill it. The snake slithers away, and as it does it grows bigger. Alice uses the only weapon she has, the old pen, to stab the snake and that's when the rabbit appears. Telling her a wild story about the Brothers Grimm's stories, the characters become real and then they become corrupted. After they are corrupted, they need a hero, Alice, to kill them, so they can't hurt anyone else. Alice quickly learns how to find the characters, but she's not so sure she wants to kill them. Meanwhile, her "perfect" boyfriend has a secret of his own.

This book was just okay for me. I didn't connect with the characters really. The story line is quite short, that might be part of why I didn't connect with the characters, and the story seems quite rushed. There's not really enough time to get to "know" them. I like to know my characters so that I can care what happens to them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince Charming Must Die.