P.A. Lupton's Reviews > Dear Sir, I'm Yours

Dear Sir, I'm Yours by Joely Sue Burkhart

Jun 11, 2012

it was ok
Read on June 11, 2012

Oh boy, this book was not my cup of tea. Firstly, it was boring. I had to struggle to finish it. The quoting of poetry got a little tiresome by the end. The heroine’s hot and cold behavior became tiresome, too. One minute she’s pining for the professor and the next she’s running from him for silly reasons. Then they would tackle one of her fears and overcome it, she would promise not to run from him again and then the same exact thing (or a variation of that same exact thing) would scare her and she’d run again. I felt like I was reading the same scene over and over again.

I found her behavior so contradictory. She initially runs from the hero because he spanked her and she liked it. She is afraid that he’ll want to do that to her again. Then she almost leaves him later because she needs to be spanked and she’s not sure he will be up to doing it all the time. So which is it, is she afraid he will or he won’t spank her?

Secondly, I was irritated reading some of the sex scenes. The heroine climaxed from a kiss. Twice. A kiss? Really? The second time he gave her an orgasm on purpose with a kiss. Wow, that is some magic mouth he has. Sorry if that sounds cynical, but come on. It was way too easy.

Finally, this may be just a personal pet peeve, but I hate reading books where they talk about having sex with an ex while they are having sex with their current partner. It just feels wrong. It’s one thing to discuss past relationships in conversations with your partner, but to talk about specifics regarding sex with someone else during the act just seems tacky to me. Again, this is probably just a personal pet peeve but I have a hard time getting past this. I don’t think I will continue with this series, it wasn’t for me.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Sir, I'm Yours.

Veronica~Nhaughty Will be bumping this one down the TBR pile...although, luvs to meet the man that can kick start my va jay jay by just a kiss! ;)

P.A. Lupton Veronica~Nhaughty wrote: "Will be bumping this one down the TBR pile...although, luvs to meet the man that can kick start my va jay jay by just a kiss! ;)"

I haven't met that man yet. LOL Seriously, the guy licked her nipple and she climaxed. She sucked on his finger and she almost climaxed. She climaxed right when he entered her the first time--and what I found really funny about that. She commented that she'd never climaxed just from penetration before. I almost burst out laughing thinking WTH? You climax from a kiss but surprised that you had an orgasm that fast.
The whole book was filled with contradictions like that.

Veronica~Nhaughty Ick...I think I may have this on my Kindle...I'll prob never read it now! LOL!! My hubby is good an all, but it takes a hell of a lot more than just a kiss...and that "climax from entering the first time"...I know it's been a while since my first, but I just don't see that being realistic, and why that's in a lot of erotica, I'll NEVER understand...

message 4: by Magda (new)

Magda Sounds ... horrible. Removed from TBR.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer OMG - I am LOL at your review P.A. Literally tears rolling down my cheeks. I had this on the TBR,. I think I will pass now.

P.A. Lupton What, you don't want to read a book where the hero can give you an orgasm with a kiss? He actually says to her "COme for me" and then kisses her as if this happens to him all the time. LOL I think you're wise to save yourself the time of reading this one.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer Still laughing...*imagines hubbie giving me a mind blowing O every morning as I head off to work....with a single kiss.*

P.A. Lupton Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade wrote: "Still laughing...*imagines hubbie giving me a mind blowing O every morning as I head off to work....with a single kiss.*"

My husband has a pretty good mouth but he still has to do more than kiss me with it to get that reaction. LOL

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura Carson Removed! lol