Karen's Reviews > True Colors

True Colors by Kristin Hannah

Jun 11, 12

Read in June, 2012

True colors is a story about three Grey sisters. Vivi Ann is the “pretty” one who all the boys love, she is dad’s favorite and the one the other sisters are jealous of. Aurora is the “married” one with a family who tried to keep everyone together and happy. And Winona, the oldest, is the “chubby” one who is also the brain of the family.

The story follows the sisters through many years of their lives. We learn how jealousy, over determination and doubt has impacted their relationships and how their love has helped them overcome those trials and tribulations.

Most of the story focuses on one sister’s relationship with a man their father sees as a no-good Indian. When he is convicted of murder and sent to jail, the women’s lives are thrown into a tailspin and their relationship with their father is tested to the max.

First off, I am a huge Kristin Hannah fan. But True Colors lost me about half way through and I finished it out of obligation to the author. I lost the anticipation to find out what happens in the end, I found myself frustrated over all the excess storyline that didn’t add anything and I felt I gained nothing after reading this book. I was left empty of the warm fuzzies that Hannah usually leaves me with. This was another no-hitter, but on the losing team.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Colors.