Lasha's Reviews > College Boys

College Boys by Daisy Harris

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: coming-out, darkdivasreviews, first-time, gfy
Read in June, 2012

4.5 stars.

This book was suggested to me by a friend, but since I am used to reading Siren Bookstrand to get my shifter fix, I wasn’t sure how that publisher would do on a traditional coming-of-age story. But College Boys was a delightful surprise to me. A contemporary novel about two guys in college, who live next to each other in the dorm. As they start hanging out together, Chris and Peter’s attraction builds, but since Chris has always thought he was straight, how will these two young men resolve the issue?

What I loved about College Boys was the slow build-up to Chris’ revelation that he might not be as straight as he thought. The relationship from friends to lovers is not rushed, and the author took her time in developing this wonderful Gay For You plot. Out of all the GFY stories I have read over the years, this one felt the most realistic. Plus, the hot sex scenes the guys shared together and solo added to the charming romantic nature of this book. Truly a sublime read that makes me want more in this series.

Ms. Harris took a trope I love and in my estimation turned it into gold. From now on she goes on my auto-buy list. Recommended.

Dark Divas Reviews
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read College Boys.