Kate's Reviews > The Wishing Spell

The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer

2752027
Jan 16, 15

bookshelves: bea-2012, 2015-reads, audio, audio-tbr, arc, official-t-b-r, owned-audible, tbr-jar, toweringtbr
Read from January 12 to 16, 2015

Can't wait to read this! Chris Colfer was amazing at the BEA Children's Breakfast, and hearing him talk about his passion for the book he wrote, and the writing community (seriously, calling John Green the Justin Beiber of the literary world was brilliant!) was really wonderful. Until then I had just assumed that he was another actor trying his hand at another media, but it turns out that he's been working on this book since he was ten.

After Reading It:
I have to say I am impressed. I love, love, love fairytales and Chris Colfer definitely brings them to life. His narration was wonderful, and probably made me like the book even more.

The first book in The Land of Stories is filled with familiar characters, but some not so familiar endings- thank you, Colfer, for telling the true tale of the little Mermaid- and expanded upon them. I really enjoyed Jack and Goldilocks tale.

The book moves at a fast pace, which I very much appreciated, because it would have been easy to get off course.

Of course, now I really want to binge watch The 10th Kingdom, The Neverending Story and Ever After. ..
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wishing Spell.

01/12 marked as: currently-reading