Nora St Laurent's Reviews > Love in Disguise

Love in Disguise by Carol Cox

Jun 11, 12

Read in May, 2012

Shakespeare said, “All the world is a stage, and all the men and women are merely players; they have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts…”

These words explain the premise of this book perfectly. In enters main character Ellie Moore a starlet wannabee, who is a wardrobe, make-up and hair stylist person in the theatre for a well known actress. Ellie takes her job seriously and watches the leading ladies so she can learn to be the best when it was her turn to be on stage.

Well Ellie gets that big break but it’s not exactly the part of her dreams. Her break comes to her in the most bizarre way and she uses the world as her stage literally. She needed a job and she would make this part work, even if it killed her. It just might! Ellie was a gal that could think on her feet – she learned this from her years in “live” theater when the unexpected happened all the time.

I was thankful for the review copy of this book that introduced me to Carol Cox. I hadn’t read a book by her before. This book was a fun, suspenseful, mystery story I adored. It was a refreshing female lead with an interesting plot and lots of unexpected twists.

Since my husband and I were around theater for years it was interesting to read that some things never change and how things were done in the 1880’s with live theater. If your looking for a fun summer read, a historical suspense story with a little romance this is the book for you. If you are looking for your next book club pick, look no further. Love In Disguise will bring about great discussion and lots of laughs. I highly recommend this novel for a great summer read and a featured book club selection.

The Book Club Network
www.bookfun.org

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in Disguise.