Tina Denson's Reviews > Victims

Victims by Jonathan Kellerman

Jun 11, 12

Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** OMG!!!! How I love this man and the way he writes, he makes me think, he makes me want to spend more time in Southern California, a place I really don't like at all, but mostly even when describing horrible events, places, and people he makes me want to be there watching up close and personal.
This latest chapter in his Ales Delaware/Milo Sturgis saga delves deep into a gastly set of brutal serial killings. It touches Alex's past and in this he does way more detecting than analizing from books prior.
We see a much more vunerable Milo this time around and his and Alex's friendship may have hit a some sort of hypnagogia. You know that inbetween awake and dreaming surreal time when something happened but you can't quite describe it. Time and the next book will tell if it was really there or just in my imagination :).
My only complaint and it wasn't enough to take a star away was that they found out who the baddie was so easily. Thank goodness everything wasn't tied up in a neat bow at the end.
I think what I love the most about Kellerman's Delaware that keeps me returning book after book is his humanity, he felt the horror and it is going take several bottles of Chivas and a lot trips to the pond before he can sleep all night again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Victims.