Chloe Smith's Reviews > Twisted

Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

Jun 10, 2012

liked it

I just finished this book about 3 minutes ago, so here is my instant opinion of "Twisted." First off, it is a quick read. (I was done in less than a day), secondly it's oddly but nonetheless well written. It has it's own style which I really liked.
I'm a big fan of stories told through the eyes of teenage guys but sometimes when it's written by a woman, I have to wonder. They seem to follow very similar patterns of angst, rebellion, sensitive sides and in controllable erections. Sometimes it seemed a little unrealistic. But then again I'm not a teenage boy, although neither is the 40 some female author.
Twisted beautifully depicts depression and dysfunction through the eyes of a kid. It's hard not to see a little bit of yourself in Tyler, no matter how perfect your life is. The description on the back of the book doesn't do the story justice. All in all, "Twisted" was great. Good, relate able characters, interesting story, somewhat cliff hanger ending. I enjoyed it, but I don't think I loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted.