Larry's Reviews > The Orphan Master's Son

The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson

Jun 10, 12

Read in May, 2012

Simply put, one of the best thriller/espionge,novel's I've ever encountered. The only fault I have with the author is he didn't write it sooner and have another book ready for me to pick up (literally) the second I finished this one. As for a deeper meaning, I read these books for strictly pleasure and do not try to deconstuct or overanalyze them-- with maybe the exception of the totalitarian state where the characters dwell(My non-fiction is usully about such themes that existed in the world.) I mean no direspect when I say that if I have to have my fix of pure enjoyment, this is my escape drug; and I usually read them with the determintion to escape as Jim Morrison "chased the dragon" giving my grey-matter a hot-shot of adrenaline fueled reading, lovingly holding the spine of sober-dosed dragon tail, uplifting me into the world of the author and chasing his vision of creation in words; and man how high this story lifted me! Read the synopsis for story summary, this is a visceral accounting of the book in my own words. Thankyou. Happy Reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Orphan Master's Son.