Turtle's Reviews > Out of Time

Out of Time by Caroline B. Cooney

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, sci-fi, romance, reviewed
Recommended to Turtle by: My Highschool Library
Recommended for: YA Romance Fans
Read in December, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** I actually read this novel when I was in middle school and adored it. Which led me coming back to find it again recently. I wanted to see if it was as fantastic as I remembered it being.

All things said and done, this novel was more interesting than the last one. But there were still plenty of headdesk moments to go around. Annie is really a nit wit but you gotta give her some credit for trying I suppose. Annie decides at the beginning of the book to find a way to travel back in time to check on Strat again even after her tearful forever goodbye in the first novel. Mostly to make sure she made the right choice I suppose. She comes across the Stratton family in a truly dire situation. Strat has been institutionalized and his fiancee Harriet is dying of consumption. Annie rushes to rescue Strat and bring him to Harriet before time runs out. Though why Annie (from modern times) thought that Strat's presence would "cure" Harriet, I don't know. Annie just goes with the flow throughout the story- most of the movers and shakers being members of the Stratton family themselves.

This novel suffers from the same disjointed storytelling as the last. But despite the author killing off one of my favorite characters, I still found this sequel more enjoyable than the first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Time.