Linda's Reviews > Where Lilacs Still Bloom

Where Lilacs Still Bloom by Jane Kirkpatrick

Jun 10, 2012

liked it
Read in June, 2012

I love Jane Kirkpatrick. Meeting through her book another real person with a dream and seeing what wonderful thing hard work and persistence accomplished is inspiring. Having been several times through the Hulda Klager lilac garden, I found the story of how it was created very interesting. So much work;so much dedication. I love how Jane fleshed out Hulda's concerns about following her passion while still obviously fulfilling her role as wife and mother, and her struggles with the 'rightness' of having interests and goals outside of those defining roles. God is so infinitely creative and so good, that He does desire that all of His children develop themselves and use all the gifts He has given them in order to bring glory to Himself. I am also truly amazed that the women of the Woodland area had the vision and drive to recreate the garden after its total destruction by flood...to me, that is as inspiring as Hulda's original work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Lilacs Still Bloom.