Barbara's Reviews > The Perfect Husband

The Perfect Husband by Lisa Gardner

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, suspense, thriller
Read from July 10 to 15, 2012

I finished this book. YEEAAAAH!!! What a chore to get through. I almost gave up at least twice. I have no clue what made me continue except basic, sheer stubbornness. I just didn’t want to give up, for whatever reason. It sure wasn’t from enjoyment – I wasn’t enjoying this at all in the beginning. I didn’t like the heroine, Tess Williams Becket, nor the hero J.T. Dillon. J.T. was such cliché in a way – a burned out ex-marine, with an abusive childhood, and suffering from the loss of his wife and “child”. Tess isn't really very sympathetic either and you think she would be – an abused wife. However, she has the distinction of being married to a serial killer. I think the characters were just not fleshed out enough for me. They were so trite and almost boring even. In had a hard time caring about them and becoming invested in the story.

This is more of a thriller than a mystery. I love mysteries, but don’t particularly like thrillers in and of them self. However, thrillers and mysteries are intertwined at times. However in this case, it’s a thriller through and through. There is no mystery as to “who done it”; only whether he gets caught and gets what he deserves.

As much as I disliked this through most of the book, it was very thrilling in the end. I grudgingly give this a three (3).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Husband.