Rabid Readers Reviews's Reviews > Ishtar Rising

Ishtar Rising by Natalie Gibson

Jan 14, 13

Read in September, 2012

I originally read this book in September 2012 and when I went back in my notes to see why I’d given it 4 stars on Goodreads instead of 5 stars, I couldn’t quite remember so took the time to read this novel a second time.

“Ishtar Rising” is well plotted and well written. Tara Kay is on a path of self-destruction and if he doesn’t do something quick, she will be dead. Oren comes at just the right time to save he though a dark enemy is on the loose so he may be too late.

I originally gave the novel four stars because as I read it, I found the shock as Tara discovered new things to be a bit much. She was a member of the Daughter of Women and not the most productive one so, sure, they kept her in the dark but there are some things that belied belief that she would not have encountered before. The Guardians are all over the Daughter of Women compound. Surely, she must know about them? Why is Oren this big surprise that is blowing her mind? She must have been exposed to the strange with the Daughters of Women.

I changed my review to five stars once the author pointed out to me that Tara Kay is banned in the first book before the Sinnis relationship is revealed. This is a misunderstanding on my part due to the fact that I read the series completely out of order. Without that confusion, "Ishtar Rising" is a five star book for me.

Overall, “Ishtar Rising” is a good love story with a very good bad guy storyline. Everything kind of comes to head in this novel with an ongoing storyline in the series. I know it’s billed as erotica and, sure, there’s lots of sex but it’s more a romance between someone who doesn’t believe she deserves any of the good things in life and her Sinnis.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ishtar Rising.

dateDown_arrow    newest »