Margot's Reviews > The Power

The Power by Rhonda Byrne

Jun 10, 2012

bookshelves: audio-books, happiness, philosophy, non-fiction, 2012
Read from June 10 to July 06, 2012

The Power continues Rhonda Byrne's explorations of the secret in her first book of that name, The Secret, which explores the laws of attraction. We attract both the good and the bad things that come into our lives. Both The Secret and The Power give the reader the knowledge and tools needed to begin to control that power by controlling our thoughts and, therefore, what we attract to ourselves.

While the first book gives a general overview of the laws of attraction and then some useful advice on how to think more positively and create positive affirmations for change, this second book focuses more on the powers of gratitude and love to attract good things. Although The Power doesn't offer anything incredibly new, only the same thing talked about with a slightly different emphasis, there is an intrinsic value in reading it just in the positive mindset it can generate within you as you read. I found that I wanted to ration it out, instead of consuming it in one big rush, because almost every time I finished reading (listening, in my case) I was practically buzzing with love and joy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power.

05/27/2016 marked as: read