Markii's Reviews > How it Feels to Be Attcked by a Shark

How it Feels to Be Attcked by a Shark by Michelle Hamer

Jun 10, 12

Read from June 10 to 12, 2012

So far the other reviewers are right- the stories sound similarly dull but I find them sounding authentic. The diverse stories have inspired me to write my own "how it feels to..." stories of a couple of my own life-changing events- and what I've always noticed when i remember these events is that my retelling of the experiences could also be perceived as dull, matter-of-fact thoughts throughout the progress of the situations (off the top of my head I'd like to write about : surviving a 95 mph rollover car crash; and losing my belief in a religion I spent 25 years of my life devoted to). On that note, I do find it odd that so many of these survival stories find themselves to be the lucky recipients of the grace of god, but that is probably quite normal for the human experience (but all of these stories come from secular Australia!...).

Conclusion: So far this is an interesting tome of articles that could easily be found in the monthly Readers Digest magazine, offering brief anecdotal insights into traumatizing human experiences. The "dullness" to me just shows how we are naturally strong, apt and courageous w/out having to overthink survival when we need it most.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How it Feels to Be Attcked by a Shark.