Amanda The Book Slayer's Reviews > Rock Chick Redemption

Jun 27, 12

bookshelves: badass-hall-of-fame, contemporary-romance
Read from June 10 to 11, 2012

4.5 Stars

I love the way Kristen Ashley writes. She draws you in from the very beginning making you feel as if you are sitting around with family reliving good times.

This story is about Roxie and the Hunky Hank. I was so excited to read Hank's story because he has been a rock for everyone in the last 2 books. I mean the man is a straight arrow and it was fun to see him loose his shit over what was going on.

[image error]

I also liked Roxie more than the other two. Sorry Indy and Jet, but at least I understood why Roxie did things. I mean the poor women lived in an abusive relationship for 7 years, 3 of which she kept trying to get out of. Plus I found her crying fits quite endearing. I mean sometimes you just have to let it all out. It also didn't hurt being the niece of Tex, the Cat Sitter. lol I mean crazy does run in the family but they are all loveable.

This book was a barrel of laughs. But also an emotional road to redemption. Yes, the title is very fitting for this Rock Chick. Roxie finds support in the most unlikely places and slowly gains confidence in herself and others.

When reading any of Kristen's books you can pick up some great advice. There were some great moments in here when I found myself giving an 'Amen' with the rest of them. This one stuck out to me and I promise you that it is the honest truth. Those who have been married or have lived with a significant other for many years I am sure will agree. So sit back and enjoy this little peek at Rock Chick Redemption and it's great advice.

"Son, let me tell you something. Even if you don't care, pretend you do. Honestly, it's the best way to go." Dad, the voice of experience, decided to wade in. "She talks about toss pillows. You don't care about toss pillows. You don't even know what toss pillows are. Pretend that toss pillows are your highest priority in life."
Eddie chuckled under his breath. Carl did it straight out. Lee smiled at Dad. Hank was still memorizing the banner but he was now biting his lower lip.
Mom turned to Dad, eyes narrowed and said, "Excuse me?"
"Trish, just last week, we had a forty-five minute discussion about the curtains in the living room." Dad said. "You think I give a shit about curtains? I care that there's beer in the fridge and the TV works. I don't care about curtains. I didn't hear a word you said about the curtains."
"You agreed to the curtains with the little trumpets on them! You said you loved the idea! I already ordered them. I thought it was all decided," Mom cried.
Dad looked back at Lee and nodded sagely.

I hope you enjoy and pick up this series. It is perfect for sitting by a lake or near a beach.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Chick Redemption.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Kristen Ashley
“I'm protecting what's mine."
...
"I'm not yours," I said.
"You're welcome to think that but it doesn't change the fact that you are.”
Kristen Ashley, Rock Chick Redemption

06/10/2012 page 114
06/11/2012 page 228
34.0% "Oh dear Lord, he remembers one thing and he wants to be congratulated," Mom sighed and looked at me. "Men."