Nikki Peterson's Reviews > Charade

Charade by Cambria Hebert

Jun 11, 12

Read in June, 2012 — I own a copy

Logan is still being a little prick to Heven, in fact he seems to get a little more hostile. Gran is doing good. And this is where everything changes.

Sam and Heven have to get the scroll to Rome. Heven's mom was not going to let her go and in fact had wanted to send her to a church camp, because she is "marked by evil". But that is going to change.... Heven's mom does a complete 360. Her new boyfriend talks her into letting Heven go on the trip. Heven's mom is loving and peaceful. She accepts Sam. M'kay, moment with that. Cole breaks up with Kimber, Heven's Gran drops a bomb on her, Cole and Sam. Cole is more then we belived him to be. And Kimber turns into mega-bitch-asorous. Unfortunately, Kimber is under the belief that Heven has broken her and Cole up and to make matters worse, Heven has to room with her during the trip to Rome. Good times? Not so much.

We get some new characters!

Gemma, a fallen angel that is offering her help to train Sam....and Cole.

Henry, Heven's mother's new boyfriend. That just kinda rubs Heven the wrong way.

The Dream Walker, he is the cause of a lot of Heven's pain.

Hecate - Queen of Witches and in league with Satan.

Hopefully I didn't give anything away with the new characters....

I enjoyed reading this. Some of it you see coming, but you will have that when leading up to something. Other parts, I was like "Whoa! Did not see that coming!" So, I will of course, be waiting on pins and needles for my next fix in seeing what is gonna happen with Heven and Sam. Definitely worth getting and contiunuing on with the story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charade.