Lin Stepp's Reviews > The Stanforth Secrets

The Stanforth Secrets by Jo Beverley

Jun 10, 12

I got on a Regency reading jag this spring ... sitting in hospitals and nursing homes with elderly parents. I discovered Jo Beverly along the way ... and read, with pure enjoyment, many of her novels.
This one held more mystery than most ... keeping me guessing through much of the book.
Chloe, widowed, with her life somewhat unsettled ... runs into a series of puzzling mysteries at Delamere Hall, the family home by the sea. Justin, brother to Chloe's late husband, has always carried a torch for his brother's wife ... and hopes somehow to see if a relationship between them can develop. But his responsibilities to the crown and the war department cause mixed developments. And many unexpected events and characters continue popping out of the woodwork ... making this a fun read.
I did not guess the ending ... and that is always fun where there is a mystery afoot!
Beverly has written over 30 historical romances ... and I also enjoyed A Most Unsuitable Man, Something Wicked, The Secret Duke, A Scandalous Countess, and many others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stanforth Secrets.