Laura Thomas's Reviews > Man's Best Friend

Man's Best Friend by John Hansen

Jun 10, 12

Read in June, 2012

Reviewing short stories can be very challenging. That is why I enjoy doing it so much . It is very challenging to review them without telling too much about the content. It makes my brain pan hum.
It is humming quite loudly now, so let me tell you about Man's Best Friend.
By page 3 I knew what was coming. I turned the page anyway. By page 5 I did not want to read on, but I did couldn't help myself.
One man tells his story.
Let's face it, the marriage is over. George was the last straw. His wife hated him, said he had to go. The man put his foot down.
George stayed and they divorced.
You see, George is his best friend and they stick together. Nothing comes between them.
They move away and the man gets a new job. He likes his solitude and repairing roads in the desert suits him fine.
Then it happens. While laying fresh cement, he falls into the wet concrete and is trapped. Good thing George came to work with him today.
Upon regaining consciousness,the man looks around, but no George. Must have gone for help.
George has been gone for a long time, but finally the man sees him. But where is the help?
George is running now, looming closer...
John Hansen tells a truly macabe tale. Even though I could guess what was going to happen, he still made it a nail-biting experience.
Man's Best Friend is a very short, gruesome tale of friendship and loyalty. Perfect for those idle moments in your day.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Man's Best Friend.