Dorie's Reviews > Don't Tell a Soul

Don't Tell a Soul by David Rosenfelt

Mar 26, 09

bookshelves: crime-fiction
Read in March, 2009

Good story and writing. Tim Wallace takes his new bride aboard his boat for the first time. When her new hat flies into the water she begs Tim to retrieve it for her. As he reaches it in the water, the boat explodes, killing the wife. Of course the police believe Tim somehow arranged the "accident", but are unable to arrest him due to lack of evidence. The lead investigator, Novak, vows not to let the case get cold. Less than a year later, Tim goes to the police with a tip about a murder, claiming a stranger in a bar told him where the body was buried. Novak is sure now Tim is a monster and vows to nail him. When an arrest warrant is issued Tim hides from the police and tries to figure out who is setting him up and why. I always enjoy Rosenfelt's writing, as it is easy to read and flows well. I got a little bogged down in this one from the jumping around to different points, and the political sidestory. But the characters are interesting and sympathetic. I would give this one 3.5 stars and recommend it for fans of mysteries.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Tell a Soul.