Ren's Reviews > Every Last Kiss

Every Last Kiss by Courtney Cole

Jun 10, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: fantasy, kindle, i-can-haz-romance, supernatural, abandoned, not-again, indie-author
Read in June, 2012

I really wanted to like this and a lot of the reviews said that it'd be worth the read; I got it for free on my kindle. While, it started off really good it quickly went down hill... Prologue was awesome, I liked the start of the story where Macy was being introduced but once the bloodstone showed up things went way too fast. In the span of one chapter she had developed a new love interest (who was 'perfect'), an amazing importance, several new characters, and a new body (which was also described as 'perfect').

The use of the word 'suddenly' showed up at least once a page; I saw it so much that it took away the urgency that the author was trying to give, and became just plain annoying. I was so upset that I didn't like this book, because all of the maturity of the author's writing in the first prologue and chapter just.... vanished. It felt like it was a completely different writer. And it had SO much potential... It was a story that I truly could have liked, if the author had only just taken the time to slow down.

I'll keep an eye out for her further books (if they're free) and hope that her writing matures with time. With a bit of patience, this book could have been great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Last Kiss.

06/23/2015 marked as: couldn-t-finish