Sarai Lillie's Reviews > Passionate Minds: Emilie du Chatelet, Voltaire, and the Great Love Affair of the Enlightenment

Passionate Minds by David Bodanis

Jun 17, 12

Read from June 10 to 17, 2012

This book was brilliantly written. It contains a delicious mix of history, romance, science, literature and adventure. I can't wait to further explore the life of Emilie du Châtelet and the equally interesting life lead by Voltaire.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passionate Minds.

06/10/2012 page 8
2.0% "I am already in love and I've only read the preface!"
06/11/2012 page 112
29.0% "This book is a very intriguing read. I am finding that I want to read more on Madame du Chatelet's research and various works by Voltaire. I thoroughly enjoyed "Candide," I can only imagine that I would fall in love with other works by him. Reading this also makes me want to attempt another venture into Mathematics. I love Math, I am just innately terrible at it. Mayhaps, I should try again? I am thoroughly in love."
06/12/2012 page 157
41.0% "I wish I had more time to study everything Madame du Chatelet worked on! I wish I had enough time to finish this! Noy enough hours in the day, unfortunately."
06/16/2012 page 213
55.0% "I am determined to finish this book tonight or tomorrow. I don't like having to keep putting it down and reading only a chapter a night!! :("