(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick's Reviews > Devil's Gate

Devil's Gate by Thea Harrison

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: e-book, fantasy, read-in-2012, pnr, series, novella
Read on June 10, 2012

Seremela Telemar, coroner and employee to Carling & Rune, has to go rescue her runaway niece AGAIN. But this time she gets some help in the form of the uber sexy vampire lawyer, Duncan Turner. Duncan and Seremela will have to travel to Devil's Gate, a lawless territory filled with magic, criminals, and a little girl who bit off more then she could chew. Once inside, they realize that getting in was easy...getting out may prove fetal.

I adore Thea Harrison's Elder Races stories and enjoy the novella's that she pops out in between the full length novels. While the first couple novellas weren't really connected to the main arc, this one actually continues on with the storyline from True Colors. Plenty of magic, humor, and sexy, sexy dialogue is packed into this short novella. Ms. Harrison balances the plot against the romance equally, allowing nothing to fall in the cracks or leave us feeling unsatisfied. I adored getting more information on Serelema's snakes. They are so CUTE!!

A wonderful addition to the Elder Races world and a nice way to tide us over till the next full length novel, which comes out in November.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil's Gate.

06/10/2012 "giggle* I love that her snakes are like mischievous little kids. She has to put them in "time out."" 1 comment