Glenajo's Reviews > Letting Go of Perfect: Women, Expectations, and Authenticity

Letting Go of Perfect by Amy E. Spiegel

4081966
Jun 10, 2012

bookshelves: christian, non-fiction
Read in June, 2012

Since the sixties when the feminist movement began the campaign to brainwash women that they are not fulfilled unless they meet all the goals of a full time plus job, two stellar high achieving children, a perfect marriage, and a lovely home, women have struggled to keep up the insane pace. Self esteem plummets when one constantly attempts to meet goals that cannot be met by a human in 24 hours without help. We watch TV where people appear to create beautiful living spaces, glorious meals, and a generally perfect life with the click of a remote. Amy Spiegel stands as one who has been here, showing others that this is not what God expects us to create in our lives.

When I began this book, I thought, well this is mainly for younger women because I’ve already matured past this point. Then I’d turn a page and something would really hit me. This is a beautiful book that helps today’s women make that step toward the realization that ‘perfect’ is an illusion that does not exist. This book is for women, those who are struggling to meet obscene goals, and those who know someone who is struggling to meet those goals.

Received Galley from NetGalley.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Letting Go of Perfect.