Janine Spendlove's Reviews > Mercy Kill

Mercy Kill by Aaron Allston

Jun 18, 12

bookshelves: flying, sci-fi
Read in February, 2012

Words can't even begin to express how much I loved this book.

Only Aaron Allston can make you laugh and cry in the same paragraph and also make you wish you could bleach from your mind the vision of a Gamorrean doing an exotic strip tease (hence the laughing and crying). And that's just the opening pages...

I didn't really know what to expect going into it, I didn't know if it was going to be "another Wraith adventure" or something new. It turned out to be a bit of both and I highly approve! People who've never read the Wraith books will not be lost, and I think they'll enjoy the caper.

Loyal fans of the Wraith books will feel well rewarded for their years of loyalty and patience (I especially liked his dedication).

For me it was like coming home. When I first read the X-Wing books I was nerdy high school girl, obsessed with Star Wars & I couldn't get my hands on a new Star Wars book fast enough. These (the X-Wing books) were my favorites, and I think I can blame Aaron Allston and Mike Stackpole for subtly instilling a love for flying in me. Reading Mercy Kill took me back to that teenage girl who thought she could conquer the world and whose biggest problem was making the tape deck in her old VW van work.

I felt like a kid again, I laughed out loud a lot, and wanted to cry at times.

I waited 13 years for this book, and it was worth every second!

Bravo, Mr. Allston, bravo!

I can't wait to read it again!

*2 MILD SPOILERS BELOW*

I really hope we get more Wraith books. I want to find more out about this younger generation.

A wookiee and a gamorrean waltzing into the sunset was a perfect ending. :)
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercy Kill.