Crystal's Reviews > Queen of Swords

Queen of Swords by Katee Robert

Jun 10, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, first-reads
Read from June 10 to 13, 2012

Woohoo! If you are looking for a great sci-fi book then look no further this one has it all. Aliens, adventure, space, and one kick ass heroine!! Katee Robert has definitely grabbed my attention with her Sanctify series.

Ophelia is a Diviner. A special type of species that serves the Lady, a God that gives them the power of seeing the past, present, and future through card reading. Ophelia, who helps run her fathers gunrunner business, returns home after a devastating loss to her crew after not listening to her cards. Once there she finds out she has to marry the Prince of Hansarda and not only does she not have a choice, but she has to leave right away. Complications arise when Boone, the one night stand she thought she left behind comes to get her to take her to her awaiting husband to be. Having plans of his own, Boone and Ophelia embark on a fantastic adventure told from both POV's that is beyond exciting.

I loved all the card reading that was done throughout the book. It was intriguing and very different from anything I have read before. It showed another side to Ophelia and it showed that she does have a soft side no matter how much she tried to hide it. The heat between Boone and Ophelia was off the charts!! Their chemistry was so hot that I needed a fan beside me! I enjoyed every single character that was written in this book. I have to say that I have a soft spot for Cole and I really can't wait to see more of that awesome tigerman. Jenny was another great addition. She was fun and I have a feeling that Ophelia and her will make a great pair of badasses. Like I said every character was amazing and were totally right for the story.

I can't leave out the awesome world that Robert has created here. There are so many things going on, but I never felt lost. I want to know more I tell you MORE!! I loved all the aliens running around and I would have loved a glossary in the back detailing each species. They all sounded so unique and different that I like I said wanted more.

A great story with a wonderful sci-fi cast! I cannot wait for the next installment!!

One more thing! I would highly recommend reading The High Priestess before reading this one. There is a HUGE bomb dropped at the end of this one and if you don't read the The High Priestess fist you won't catch and believe me you won't want to miss it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Swords.

11/04/2016 marked as: read