Kathleen Kelly's Reviews > The Twenty-Twenty Players: A Futuristic Account of the 2020 Presidential Election Year

The Twenty-Twenty Players by Jim   Lynch

Jul 09, 12

Read from June 10 to July 09, 2012

2020 Players by Jim Lynch is a futuristic political thriller in a year long story, told month by month of an election year. This election is a bit different though as there are the Republicans, the Democrats and a third political party, America's Party, with a charming charismatic Senator Josh Struben running for the presidential seat. His wife Gina is known as a popular singer who rose from the a childhood of poverty in Puerto Rico and together they would make the ideal President and First Lady.
The story is not only about the election but also about domestic and international terrorism, globalization, and the media.
There is a wide array of characters; Josh and his wife Gina Struben; President Mary Elder; Islamic terrorist; Faraq Hussein; Chinese businessman Sun Yeng and and his wife Abbie close friends of the Struben's; CIA Operative; Catherine Cauley; Kenneth Brady who is host of a TV show called "The Brady Focus" and also members of a radical group who are against the America's Party. These are only some of the characters in the book, the chapters are short and told by a different character and even though I am not a political person and I admit I do not understand it, I found myself eagerly turning the pages. I found it to be a little bit slow to start but that is because the author was setting up each character and situation. After that I found that I had a hard time putting it aside.
A very intelligent, researched and well written story with a totally believable plot and characters that anyone who loves politics and the thrill of a well told story will thoroughly enjoy reading this book.
I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twenty-Twenty Players.

06/10/2012 page 100