Dolly's Reviews > Bad Kitty for President

Bad Kitty for President by Nick Bruel

1019021
Jun 10, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, childrens, washington-dc, pets, money, humor, graphic-novels-comics, middle-grade
Recommended for: parents reading with their children
Read on June 09, 2012 , read count: 1

We just love the books in the Bad Kitty series by Nick Bruel. They are so funny, with sarcastic and tongue in cheek humor that has our girls begging for more. With its graphic novel format, this book is a very fast read, even at 160 pages, and our girls asked me to read "just one more chapter" over and over until we finished it.

This wasn't an overly funny book, especially compared to some of the other books in this series, but it was filled with election facts and information that is particularly appropriate in this Presidential election year. I thought it was interesting that the author tried to put the election into fairly simple terms, but admitted that our election system is quite complicated.

It's a very entertaining story, and although graphic novels are often difficult to read aloud, we all took parts in the story and read it aloud together. Our girls especially loved all of the onomatopoeia and occasionally argued over who got to read them. Overall, it's an entertaining story and we are looking forward to reading more books by this author. Good read for an election year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Kitty for President.