Tina's Reviews > Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make a Difference

Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

Jun 09, 12

Read in June, 2012

Outlive Your Life is basically a Max Lucado version of Acts with various anecdotal stories thrown in. The premise is living out your faith, being the hands and feet, putting your money where your mouth is, etc.
As always, Lucado writing is easy to read and interesting. The premise itself is good. I definitely think that we need to do a better job of serving others and reaching out to others in need.
There was something missing from this book for me, though. I can't quite put my finger on it. I usually get very emotionally drawn in by Lucado's work, but this one wasn't so much. There was a lot of focus on works and not a lot of focus on heart. While works are important, the Bible says that works without faith are dead. So while it was an okay read, it wasn't a favorite.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlive Your Life.