Tina Peterson's Reviews > The Fiddler

The Fiddler by Beverly  Lewis

Jun 09, 12

Read from June 08 to 09, 2012 — I own a copy

The Fiddler is a wonderful book - it moves fast, is well written, all the i's & t's are dotted & crossed and I connected with the hero & heroine of this story. Amelia is a believable musician (child prodigy & top level violinist) who is struggling with a big decision and afraid of hurting those who love her if she doesn't make the right one.

This verse beautifully describes the theme of the book and both Amelia & Michael take refuge in it:

"Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Ps 37:4

One of the best things I liked about the book is the level of faith sharing that Beverly Lewis imparts. Through the verses given and message of faith both Amelia and Michael are gently encouraged to seek God in prayer and listen to what God is teaching or leading them to do. I loved how it was done without preaching. Both Christians and non-Christians should enjoy this book & it would be a great title for mother daughter reading - the only thing missing is a list of questions for discussion.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fiddler.