Rose's Reviews > Wrecked

Wrecked by Anna Davies

Jun 09, 2012

did not like it
Read in June, 2012

I'm gonna be real honest.. I hated this book! For me it had so many wth moments and not in a good way. Very rarely do I ever come across a book that I dislike. I've often come across books that have had more bad then good reviews and found that I quite enjoyed them but with Wrecked I had none of that. When it comes to the description in the writting I had difficulty at times understanding the descriptions and well as figuring out who was talking in the book and found myself going back to re-read parts trying to figure out what the heck had just happend. I felt like it was slow at times when it needed to rush and to fast at the times when more detailing was needed. Sometimes quite honestly I became so bored with it, that I felt like throwing it across the room and never looking back! The whole situation with Miranda's surviving friends as well as school staff and locals was at times exasperating and for me the whole "we hate you despite the fact that it was obviously an accident attitude" quickly got old and annoying. I found it hard to believe that there wasn't one sympathetic soul towards Miranda on the whole entire island, despite the fact that it was proven she had no drugs or alcohol in her system to have caused the accident. The grandmother was downright cruel at times by forcing her to put herself out there in situations where she was constantly belittled and bullied, at times right in front of her because she thought it was the "best way to move forward" WTH!! I could go on all day but moving on to the end I felt like the death of the story villan was way to easy and ridiculous, I mean really? The mighty and powerful sea witch was killed so fast and easily when they threw a few little matches at her and she lit up fast and quickly like she had taken a bubble bath in unleaded that day? WTH! No punches? No action? I was baffled and horribly dissapointed, all I cound think of was that's it?? The end of the story was too blah! So she moved to Arizona never to see the guy that went as far as killing the powerful ruler of the sea to save her and that was it... WTH?? By the looks of the ending I don't think it will have a sequel but I honestly felt cheated out of a good conclusion to this story. What happend to the down below now that Sephie was dead? Who ruled now that she was gone? Could there had been a way to set the souls that Sephie so cruely collected free? Was Christian accepted back without reprecausions since he killed Sephie? So many unaswered question and such a waste of my time. Like I said, I don't think it will have a sequel but if it does, I'm not reading it.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrecked.

Corrie Yes it wasn't hard to kill the sea witch at all. So many powers she has and yet can be killed with matches !!! And yes what about down below? What the hell happened with the mer people and Christian and valentine? This book was terrible. I read it despite poor reviews because I have loved books with bad reviews before. But this was poorly written and made no sense and was unbelievable that an entire island would hate her!!! What a waste of time!!

message 2: by Rose (new) - rated it 1 star

Rose Corrie wrote: "Yes it wasn't hard to kill the sea witch at all. So many powers she has and yet can be killed with matches !!! And yes what about down below? What the hell happened with the mer people and Christia..."

I completely agree with you! I find myself often liking the bad review ones too but this book just plain sucked. I didn't feel like there was any conclusion to it, the ending was rushed and it made no sense.