Michelle novelsontherun's Reviews > Crazy Dangerous

Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan

Jun 10, 12

Read on June 09, 2012

RATING: 5 CRAZY DANGEROUS STARS!!

RECTE AGE NIL TIME

DO RIGHT. FEAR NOTHING.

This book was a fantastic, suspenseful, crazy, dangerous ride. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Sam Hopkins is a PK = Preachers Kid.

He starts off trying to shake the image of a PK, becomes the apprentice to three thugs, Jeff, Harry and Ed and learns the trade of some things that can come in handy being a thug. After a short lived apprenticeship, Sam sees the error of his ways when he meets Jennifer . Oh the mystery of Jennifer.

I loved Jennifer’s fragile mind. Andrew writes her incredibly well. You are questioning Jennifer’s character all the way through the book. Jennifer talks in rhymes. It’s her quirky thing she does.

“Run!” I shouted again.
“I don’t want to leave-you-believe-you!” she cried out wildly.
“Believe me, leave me!” I shouted back.

“Sometimes, yes,” Jennifer managed to say. Rice cakes, ice skates, mice on skates. Mice on skates—that was a funny idea—but she knew she couldn’t say it out loud or the doctor really would think she was crazy.

Andrew throws curveballs into his story that just keep the pages turning. This is a fast paced ride that just keeps you guessing. Andrew writes with such energy. You really believe you are with Sam , doing all these Crazy Dangerous things a PK should not be doing. It felt very, very, real this story.

What would you honestly do if a troubled girl was telling you bad things would happen? What would you do when you finally started to believe that in her crazy mixed up mind there may be some truth.

DO RIGHT. FEAR NOTHING.

This book was not what I expected. It was much, much, more.

Andrew is very, very, good at keeping the reader intrigued, turning the pages, trying to work out if this is a paranormal book or is it a disease of the mind that leads Jennifer to seek out her ‘ magic friend, Sam Hopkins.’

Around 2/3rds the way through this book , it escalates and your heart will be hammering in your chest. I could so easily see this as a movie. The book is that good. It’s not predictable it is Crazy Dangerous. I highly recommend this read.

DO RIGHT. FEAR NOTHING.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Dangerous.