Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > The Angel Experiment

Aug 02, 15

bookshelves: young-adult, read-2012, own-tbr-paperback, 1combined-to-read-list
Read from July 01 to 04, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Read this review on my blog! --> The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

The Angel Experiment, also known as Maximum Ride, was a total page turner. I’m so glad I finally got to read it, especially since the last book in the series, Nevermore, will be out August 6th.

The coolest part for me was getting to discover everyone’s individual abilities. Sure, they can all fly, but they also each have something unique. I think Angel definitely proved to be the most special, and I can’t wait to read more about her. I was really touched by how they really stuck together. They truly are a family, these six kids. But I guess they’ve had to be, considering they only have each other.

Of course, being a fan of romance in my books, I was really invested in Max and Fang’s interactions. I really want them to get together and become a couple! They obviously really care about each other, and I appreciate the fact that Fang, being a boy, doesn’t try to run the show. Max is a great leader, and I think he knows this too. I look forward to seeing what will blossom for those two.

Being chased all over the place by scary wolf-mutant creatures called Erasers really made this book a page-turner. Every time it seemed it was safe, they would pop out. Definitely made me wonder how they were able to track the flock down so fast, but I think this was answered towards the end of the book. I am also really curious about this mysterious voice in Max’s head. It’s helped them so far, but is it also hurting them at the same time? Playing the “game”?

As you can probably tell, I really enjoyed this book. And I am certainly planning to continue reading the rest of the series and get some answers. If you’re looking for a fast, adventurous page-turner, Maximum Ride is it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Angel Experiment.

07/01 page 201
07/02 page 275
65.0% "Despite its girth,it's a quick read so far!"
08/02 marked as: own-tbr-paperback