Douglas Cootey's Reviews > Honey Hunt, Vol. 6

Honey  Hunt, Vol. 6 by Miki Aihara

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: borrowed, manga, romance, young-adult
Read in June, 2012

Yura continues her descent into silliness and unbelievability, and the series comes to an end.

It's hard to see how anybody would want to work with such a milksop of a person. Oh, she's cute, but she's twee and unreliable. In real life, unreliable people don't get opportunities. They lose them. Yura falls into fame and doesn't appreciate it. We don't see her dealing with classmates. We don't see her dealing with castmates. We see her bounced like a ball in three way tennis between Boss, Q-ta, and his hunky brother.

After six volumes it's nice to see Haruka make a move, but he's way too late. Even though Aihara took time to let us know he was a naughty boy for illegally drinking and tying one over, she didn't have a problem with un underage Yura bonking Q-ta. The whole scene was distasteful for me, but I was certain there would be a price to pay. There wasn't. And the ending of this volume made me close the book in disgust. I wanted to like this girl, but could not. She made bad choices all the time. Simply awful. And her "natural" ability to act was a plot device to keep her in the biz, because she sure wasn't working hard to stay there.

In the end the book is about Cool Mr. Rockstar pining for a whiny girl with Mommy issues while she threw herself disgustingly at Mr. Manipulator while her slightly too old boss creepily looked on. If there was a Volume 7 I wouldn't read it. No wonder Aihara killed this series and started another. "Hiatus" was probably a euphemism for "pulling the plug."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honey Hunt, Vol. 6.