Joyzi's Reviews > For One More Day

For One More Day by Mitch Albom

Oct 28, 10

bookshelves: fiction, 5-stars-or-more, borrowed, books-to-movies, reviewed, author-american, inspirational, contemporary-fiction, adult, favorites
Recommended to Joyzi by: Dara
Recommended for: Crybabies
Read on January 01, 2010

Why did i gave it 5 stars?

It made me cry.

I felt nostalgic about my childhood.

I can relate myself with Chick.

Love the message and I realize a lot about my life, my mom, my dad, my sister and brother.

I realize that maybe before it's too late I should stand up for my mother.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For One More Day.

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn can't wait to grab a copy of my own..looking forward of crying my heart out again..hehehe

Iyah I have a very different feeling and reaction towards this book. For some reasons it didn't made me cry. But that doesn't mean I have a heart of stone or anything. I just feel like the story was way to forced. While I was reading this I felt like the story forcing me to feel bad about my mom. I mean if it's a good book, then I wouldn't have been feeling like that.

Joyzi When I've read this I think my mom and me was having a cold war something like that, so it kinda made me guilty when I've read this one, I think my favorite part was when they have this Halloween parade and then Chick was dressed as a Zombie using paper tissues. But then in the parade it started to rain and the tissues melt and then he blames her mom for it.

Okay guilt that what was the book made me felt. As I was reading this one, flashbacks of what I did to my mom came to me and then that really made me realize things.