Joyzi's Reviews > The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Dec 01, 10

bookshelves: books-to-movies, borrowed, disappointing-books, don-t-judge-me, fiction, religion, reviewed, author-was-possessed, watched-it, author-american, inspirational, contemporary-fiction, adult, philosophy
Recommended to Joyzi by: My classmates
Recommended for: People?
Read from November 21 to December 01, 2010

Okay please don't judge me please....

I really think that the book was okay, it was not really that heart wrenching and gripping like his other book For One More Day by Mitch Albom which I actually really loved and cried my heart into. But this book is really flat, boring, cliche, preachy and it really didn't struck any emotions at me at all. It's like I just read the sentences and it was just that. I really don't feel anything, I was being apathetic the whole time reading it. I don't know maybe it was just me being heartless and apathetic at the moment but Idk I really didn't enjoy the book as I was expecting that I would enjoy it since I already watch the movie version of this one and actually like it. But this one uhhm sorry Mitch Albom but I have to say that this is like Naaaaaddddaaaaa and Blaaaaah!

Okay sorry if I'm going to sound a little bit harsh this time but really who the shit put wrong tagalog words in the book? Considering that I'm Filipino and I really find it annoying that they got the words wrong and to think that the book was published with this misinformation crap. I mean come on...!!! Next time Mitch Albom next time research man, you're an effin writer and its really is your responsibility!

*Okay edit, edit*

Soldier= Sundalo in tagalog not Sundalong--"incorrect spelling/word used"
Mothers= mga ina not inas--"gramatically incorrect"

Yeah the book was OKAY and the movie was better than the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

11/29/2010 page 100
48.0% "So far so good but li'l bit preachy"

K.D. Absolutely How does it go so far? So good?

Joyzi Haven't started it yet but I already watch the movie so I know that it's good

message 3: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie sundalong and inas (plural of ina) lol

Joyzi @Brian who's Dick Cheney?
@Julie yeah sundalong and inas, what Mitch Albom is thinking idk, he should probably use google translate for fudge sake

message 5: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Joyzi hahaha, now i'm excluding this book on my list of to read books for this month :D

Joyzi yeah don't read this one, better read For One More Day I love that one I bawled like crazy

Leah Interesting review - I think the book was manipulative and not in a good way.

Never apologize for having an honest opinion!

Joyzi Thanks Leah, that made me somewhat happy^^