Joyzi's Reviews > The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Dec 01, 10

bookshelves: books-to-movies, borrowed, disappointing-books, don-t-judge-me, fiction, religion, reviewed, author-was-possessed, watched-it, author-american, inspirational, contemporary-fiction, adult, philosophy
Recommended to Joyzi by: My classmates
Recommended for: People?
Read from November 21 to December 01, 2010

Okay please don't judge me please....

I really think that the book was okay, it was not really that heart wrenching and gripping like his other book For One More Day by Mitch Albom which I actually really loved and cried my heart into. But this book is really flat, boring, cliche, preachy and it really didn't struck any emotions at me at all. It's like I just read the sentences and it was just that. I really don't feel anything, I was being apathetic the whole time reading it. I don't know maybe it was just me being heartless and apathetic at the moment but Idk I really didn't enjoy the book as I was expecting that I would enjoy it since I already watch the movie version of this one and actually like it. But this one uhhm sorry Mitch Albom but I have to say that this is like Naaaaaddddaaaaa and Blaaaaah!

Okay sorry if I'm going to sound a little bit harsh this time but really who the shit put wrong tagalog words in the book? Considering that I'm Filipino and I really find it annoying that they got the words wrong and to think that the book was published with this misinformation crap. I mean come on...!!! Next time Mitch Albom next time research man, you're an effin writer and its really is your responsibility!

*Okay edit, edit*

Soldier= Sundalo in tagalog not Sundalong--"incorrect spelling/word used"
Mothers= mga ina not inas--"gramatically incorrect"

Yeah the book was OKAY and the movie was better than the book.

Teehee^^
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

11/29/2010 page 100
48.0% "So far so good but li'l bit preachy"

K.D. Absolutely How does it go so far? So good?

Joyzi Haven't started it yet but I already watch the movie so I know that it's good

message 3: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie sundalong and inas (plural of ina) lol

Joyzi @Brian who's Dick Cheney?
@Julie yeah sundalong and inas, what Mitch Albom is thinking idk, he should probably use google translate for fudge sake

message 5: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Joyzi hahaha, now i'm excluding this book on my list of to read books for this month :D

Joyzi yeah don't read this one, better read For One More Day I love that one I bawled like crazy

Leah Interesting review - I think the book was manipulative and not in a good way.

Never apologize for having an honest opinion!

Joyzi Thanks Leah, that made me somewhat happy^^