Allison's Reviews > Keys to the Demon Prison

Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull

F_50x66
Jun 09, 12

I was pretty impressed with this book. I kept wondering over and over, how is this going to end? What in the world is going to happen? Are they going to be able to stop the demon prison opening at the last second? What about the Sphinx? And Seth and Graulas totally threw me for a loop. I like not being able to guess the ending of books. It makes reading the ending much more rewarding (you're not just looking for how the ending you expected comes to pass, but you're actually curious as each chapter unfolds what will happen by the end of it. It's a fun way to read). Again, loved Seth and Newell and Doren. Loved the roles that Kendra and Seth played, and I thought the ending was well done. Intelligent and thoughtful, a little simplistic, but purposefully so, and it worked well with the whole series. Good job, Mr. Mull!

Fun escapist literature--I needed something to amuse me while Ben was travelling for 9 days, and this series was PERFECT to sit down to after the kids went to bed and just have a break. I also watched the old BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, which is always a treat while folding dumptruck-loads of children's clothes. The end.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keys to the Demon Prison.