Ken Montville's Reviews > The Cat Who Turned On And Off

The Cat Who Turned On And Off by Lilian Jackson Braun

8220537
Jun 10, 12

Recommended to Ken by: previous books in the same series
Recommended for: mystery lovers, cat lovers, cozy lovers
Read from June 09 to 10, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I haven't read one of these "The Cat Who...." books in awhile and it was interesting to read one of the first ones. He hasn't settled into Pickax with a girlfriend and his own place. Qwill is a nomad reporter coming off the sauce and working to keep body and soul together.

I love a nice, light read every now and then. It had enough twists and turns to keep me interested but nothing to make my head hurt. The book has lots of quirky characters not the least of which is Qwill with his two Siamese cats who help him uncover the key to the murders.

It's definitely worth a read it you want some nice entertainment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat Who Turned On And Off.

06/09/2012 page 100
38.0% "A nice, light read."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather I think my step-mom reads these. She gave one or two books to us. But I don't remember which one(s) I've read. They're better than Agatha Christie, I think.

message 2: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken Montville Heather wrote: "I think my step-mom reads these. She gave one or two books to us. But I don't remember which one(s) I've read. They're better than Agatha Christie, I think."

They're more modern than Agatha Christie and American rather than British. Nice books. And they have cats!