Dave's Reviews > Gun Machine

Gun Machine by Warren Ellis

Feb 20, 13

Read from January 08 to February 20, 2013

once again, Ellis proceeds to blow me away.

I'm not going to go into a huge spoiler-laced and overly wordy gushing review like I would normally do for this... I'm just going to once again, recommend the SHIT out of Warren Ellis' material. GUN MACHINE is essentially a crime story / detective adventure written by one of the greatest creative minds in modern times. And as his mindset is usually submerged in his darker, sci-fi material, what comes out of him in regards to writing a police procedural is incredible. The protagonist is probably one of the best ideas for a 'villian' I've ever read. The book goes extremely quick, and the only reason why I didn't finish it in the span of 2-3 days was because I'm usually trying to read 6 things at once (I currently am looking right at my bed where I have 7 comics and 4 graphic novels I have yet to read, one of which is over 600 pages)... so basically I would take my hour-long lunch break, leave the office for an hour and read as much as possible.

Thank you Warren for once again knocking it out of the park. Where "Crooked Little Vein" was semi-psychotic and "Fear And Loathing-esque", this was your "Se7en" and hopefully David Fincher will direct the movie adaptation of GUN MACHINE too!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gun Machine.

01/31/2013 page 250