Alison's Reviews > Forged in Fire

Jun 10, 12

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2012, lendable
Read from June 09 to 10, 2012

There's a lot packed into this book. I don't normally read books with para-elements, but I'd heard good things about this books so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I loved getting to know Zane, Cosky, and Rawls. Their CO Jace Mackenzie was a little harder to love, there is a man with serious women issues! I really liked Beth as well. She didn't take any crap from these big, alpha SEALs.

There are a few things that kept this from being a 5 star book for me. I would have liked Beth and Zane to have spent more time together, it's a little hard to buy into their HEA when the whole book happens over the course of a day and they weren't together for most of it. Beth fought against the relationship for most of the book, because of being raised by a single mom and her fiance cheating on her. Beth's acceptance of her connection to Zane happened a little fast for someone who fought against it so hard. The ending is very abrupt, but it ends with a great cliffhanger.

I will be checking out the next book in the series. I definitely want to know what happens to SEAL Team 7 in the aftermath of the botched hijacking.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forged in Fire.