Chrystal's Reviews > Bound

Jun 09, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: ya-fiction, paranormal-romance
Read on June 09, 2012

Ugh. Ok, I'm not sure exactly what the problem was with this book, but it was either trying to be too young and hip and sounded completely superficial, or it was constantly switching scenes without explanation and didn't make much sense. This is an interesting concept for a set of novels, but it was far too predictable, and the characters were not at all relatable, and there weren't even any characters I hated so much that I secretly loved them. Everyone was one-dimensional and dry and it was like reading a stream-of-consciousness recap of a high school girl's drama. These types of things are only acceptable in diary form. I just was not a fan of this book at all, and it's so disappointing because the concept could have been so detailed and interesting. I'm not sure if I didn't like it so much because it almost seemed like it was condescending, or whether it was just poorly written. Regardless, I'm sort of bummed that I spent money on it. Plus, there's no conclusion, and this book probably shouldn't have been multiple books, but rather a single novel so there would be some kind of resolution at all. Market this as an written episode in a series, then, if that's what it's going to be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound.