Yvonne's Reviews > Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells

Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells by K.D. Sarge

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: free-read, love-is-always-write, m-m
Read from June 09 to 10, 2012

2.5 Stars It's cool that an author would put so much effort & time into a free story. Still I had trouble connecting with this one. Lukas is working on a film class project with his friends & newbie to the group Alan. Alan stands out as an eyeliner wearing, blue hair color flamboyantly gay guy.

It's told from Lukas point of view so maybe that's why Alan never really develops beyond a character. While Lukas is busy playing Mr. nice perfect guy, Alan is openly hostile & bitchy to Lukas for no good reason I could figure out & was in general, unlikable. In fact, the two characters behave very young for the 21 years they're supposed to be. I kept thinking they're still in high school instead of college.

There's a lot of time spent in details of the project the group's working on and then the book abruptly switches gears to the big romance with the project all but forgotten. The ending was just out of left field.

The good news is the story is free & there's lots of love given for this one from others so check it out if it sounds interesting to you. It just wasn't really for me. I did, however, really like this author's other books, especially her YA novel Knight Errant
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells.